Wednesday, April 16, 2008

And showtime

Drug sitting on dresser to get room temp
Man laying in bed
cotton balls in order
alcohol bottle in order
watching video for injection and getting non stop willies and heebee jeebees

Check.

Follicle count good today--right ovary 11. Left ovary two of them---19 and 11. Here's hoping one sticks. IUI tomorow morning. I got lucky and can work from home because today? I'm miserable. Bloated, pain, even my leg went numb. I didn't get these symptoms the last time so part of me wonders if this time it's really working. Kind of like 'you're soaking in it'.

The nurse said we 'can do it' just as a backup. And of course, overly considerate, OCD me goes to her, "Um...then it will be one big mess for the doc to see tomorrow." She said don't worry, it's common. Ew.

This is so surreal to me. Even a year ago I was all Miss There's no Fucking Way I'm Ever Doing Injectables. And while it's just one shot this month, I guess the motto for this year is "never say never."

I also said many moons ago I would never show my goods to a man doc. That too was proven wrong. But at least I made him laugh with my "should have made it all festive-like and put some glitter down there."

Yea. I got a million of them.

And obviously so does my husband. The nurse was still amazed that his count was 520million. She goes "Jesus Christ!! SuperSperm Man! We only require 20." I told her, "yea don't let his head get any bigger. He constantly boasts and wants a shirt with a big "S" for Sperminator."

25 min and counting.

Did I ever tell you how much I hate needles?

heebee
jeebee

No comments: